Friday, November 23, 2018

SEW Retreat...Lessons...

As you are reading this, I am picking Mary Mulari up at the Moline airport. She'll spend one night in the Mary Mulari suite at my house -- then, tomorrow -- we'll meet two of our friends at the first ever Iowa S.E.W Retreat....

Of course...at some point -- I'll give you a full report...

HERE'S WHY I'M GOING...

**************
This is what I wrote in 2016...after returning from my first Fat Camp...

I got home from Florida at Midnight on Monday -- and three days later, experienced the whirlwind that is THANKSGIVING. So, I've had no time to really consider what I learned.

And, obviously, I haven't gotten back into the rhythm and temptations of my regular life...so it would be premature to make any big declarations...

But here's how I learn things. I WRITE IT.... And I'll be doing at least some of that writing in this blog during the coming months. Altho, I will try not to be obnoxious about it.

BECAUSE I DO NOT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING MORE BORING IN THE WORLD THAN PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR DIETS...UGH...(with the possible exception of people who want to talk about cleaning products and processes...double ugh...)

I know this much already.  I am very grateful for the week I spent in Florida.

So -- with the help of a few pictures -- I'm going to share the first three or four things I learned:

1.  No matter how wonderful your life is, getting away for a whole week puts things in perspective.
And you MIGHT AS WELL GO SOMEPLACE BEAUTIFUL.
The view of the ocean/sunset from our balcony.
2. Having somebody else cook and then deliver three meals a day is HEAVEN. I had no idea how much time and energy I spent each day thinking about, then cooking food.
Turkey meatballs over spaghetti squash. DELISH!!
3. I'm doing this because I LOVE MANY PEOPLE...and I am so very fortunate to have many people loving me back. I want to be there for them as long as I can.
My sweet, wonderful sisters sent me flowers. The card said, "We love you -- and YOU CAN DO THIS."
I love you back...

And, two years later -- I'm still doing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment