Thursday, November 29, 2018

Mississippi Valley Quilt Show

Another really fun day this fall was my visit to the Mississippi Valley Quilt Guild Show. They do this show every-other-year -- and the talent of these women is amazing.
I was delighted to see the parking lot was packed!
It's at the county fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa.
They'd posted signs all over the area, and there was almost a line out the door!
I'm sure none of their attendees were disappointed.  They hang a really beautiful show.
During my first walk around the show, I noticed this area...hummm...
OF COURSE, I was drawn like a magnet!!
These women were SELLING THEIR STASH!!
BRILLIANT..!!  They had fabric,and quilt tops, and magazines, books, tools, more fabric...you can't imagine WHAT A GREAT STASH SALE THIS WAS..!!
And, of course, they had dozens of beautiful quilts hanging.
The MOST INTERESTING thing I saw that day..!!
Here's a better picture....
There is a local man who paints Featherweights!! Hey -- speaking of Featherweights. Did I tell you that I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE...gheesh...I didn't even mean to.

 It was kind of an accident...

More about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment