Thursday, November 1, 2018

Kingston, Ontario

Hey -- I'M JUST GETTING STARTED WITH CANADA!!


DESPITE the best efforts of the Syracuse Airport to keep us apart...Marion and I found each other!!

Marion lives in Kingston, Ontario -- a cosmopolitan little city tucked into a bay where the St. Lawrence River flows into Lake Ontario.

It's hard to imagine a more charming place...and I arrived at the perfect moment!!
The fall foliage was putting on quite a show.
Kingston was founded in the 1780's by Loyalists...
There is a huge British influence in the area.
There are many wonderful artisan bakeries and shops.
They are very into organic, gluten free and recycling.
Seriously...THE BAKERIES ARE REASON ENOUGH TO VISIT..!!
I needed a pedicure, and I thought it would be fun to see if the experience was any different in Canada...
Marion took me to her favorite nail shop -- Lily's Nails!!
Sherry was sitting in the chair next to me, and we had an hour to get to know each other. She just saw COME FROM AWAY in Toronto.
I was off to a great start....Tomorrow, I'm going to write about the BEST THING I EVER ATE..!!

2 comments: