Wednesday, November 7, 2018

BEST place to buy souvenirs!!

The first time I bought souvenirs from a grocery store was 1997.   I went to Ireland with my sisters -- and on our last day in that beautiful foreign country -- we went into an underground Supermarket.  It was so much fun to see how they handled their groceries.  The produce was displayed in a completely different way -- and there were so many strange products.

I bought tea bags, and their sugar was in a unique container...which I used for YEARS.  The oddest thing I purchased was a chicken pot pie -- packaged in a TIN. The tin was in the shape of a pie plate.  To bake the pot pie, you just ran the can opener around the top. Then, it baked like a normal pie and was delicious.  I cannot imagine WHY I didn't save that tin...I could probably still be using it!

You already know how much I enjoyed the DELICIOUS FOOD during my recent trip to Canada.  And wouldn't it be wonderful for my family and friends to be able to TASTE what a good time I had?
On my last day, Marion took me to their big grocery store, METRO -- and I did my souvenir shopping.

Hawkins Cheezies are the Canadian version of Cheetos...and their Jos Louis is kind of a chocolate covered whoopie pie. I am in serious heaven...

I only wish I could take this Ice Hockey cake back to Iowa!!

Apparently -- there are Senior Citizen Ice Hockey LEAGUES in Canada!! Who knew??

AND OF COURSE THERE HAD TO BE MAPLE SYRUP!!  Marion snuck this jug into my suitcase. It is VERY special - because it was aged in a whiskey barrel..
It was so much fun to order pancakes at TMBC...then, share the joy of the Maple Syrup!!

When I got back from Canada, there was Halloween candy to be dealt with...aye yay yay...and, in the interest of full disclosure, I ate five of the Jos Louis (chocolate covered whoopie pies). So I NEED A LITTLE HELP GETTING BACK ON TRACK...

Fitness announcement coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment