Saturday, November 10, 2018

Iowa Quilt Museum Trip!!

So, okay -- the stage is set. Deanna introduced me to Julianne Donofrio at the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, and a few weeks later, I'M ATTENDING THE IOWA PREMIERE of her award-winning documentary -- Pieced Together.
I am so excited!! But -- hey -- it's a 3-hour drive from my house to Winterset. I need some company!!
When I posted the event on my Facebook page -- I got a jingle from my friend Phyllis (hey -- who even knew she was on Facebook!)
And, at the last minute -- Rhonda decided she wanted to go, too. EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS TO DRIVE 3 HOURS before she even  GETS TO MY HOUSE!!
So -- off we went to the home of the Bridges of Madison County.  We had the most wonderful time.

Winterset Iowa is in Madison County, Iowa.  Home of those charming covered bridges, inspiration for the Nicolas Sparks book, Bridges of Madison County.  (remember that book?  I was so annoyed when I found out IT WASN'T TRUE.)...

Winterset is also the home of Marianne Fons, who founded the Iowa Quilt Museum.  Then, because she had some time on her hands, she renovated the abandoned theater -- and the Iowa Theater is where the premiere is going to take place.  
Winterset has one of those charming  town squares.  The Ben Franklin is right on the corner (they have a GREAT fabric department).  The Iowa Quilt Museum is the gold building next door...
It's a bustling little downtown.
Rhonda is taking a picture of me and Phyllis, standing in the doorway of the Museum.
I didn't get a picture of the three of us.
Because I was distracted by ALL THE BEAUTIFUL QUILTS.
We went shopping at the Ben Franklin
And then -- WE HOOKED UP WITH JULIANNE DONOFRIO..!!
OH, YEAH -- this is gonna be a good time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment