Friday, November 2, 2018

THE BEST THING I EVER ATE..!!

FromWikipedia:

Poutine (/puːˈtiːn)  is a dish originating from the Canadian province of Quebec, consisting of French fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy.

The dish emerged in the late 1950s in the Centre-du-Québec area and has long been associated with the cuisine of Quebec. For many years, it was negatively perceived and mocked, and even used as a means of stigmatization against Quebec society.

Later, poutine became celebrated as a symbol of Québécois cultural pride, and its rise in prominence led to popularity outside the province, especially in the rest of Central Canada, in the Northeastern United States and even Japan.

**********
Wednesday was our official Kingston day. After my pedicure, we went downtown for lunch and a movie. There are so many charming little restaurants...we picked Olivea.


Although it was too cold to sit outside.
The inside was just what we wanted. Lots of character, and light, and windows...an interesting menu that changes daily...
Fresh foccacia bread, with wonderful olive oil and balsamic...yummo...
Marion loves their tomato soup, with lots of chunky, crusty bread...
BUT I WENT RIGHT FOR THE POUTINE..!!
And the poutine at Olivea is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...full of cheese curds and topped with the most tender chunks of beef ever.
I mean...seriously...words cannot describe how delicious this poutine was. My mouth is watering, just because I'm looking at these pictures...and remembering...
I gave my camera to our waitress, and she tried to take a picture...but, she didn't hold down the button...and I didn't want to criticize her...(Canadians  are very sensitive)....so, I took this picture of our table  as we were leaving.
Apparently, restaurants in Canada make their own versions of poutine...but if you ever get to Kingston -- the Olivea version is really something you need to taste for yourself.  YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY..!!

1 comment:

  1. Love poutine!! Have found a few places around here that sell it.

    ReplyDelete