Thursday, November 8, 2018

My Canada Thrifting Adventures

Here's the definition of a real friend: Somebody who googles every thrift store in her town, even though she has never, herself, walked into one...

On my first day, Marion took me to the HUGE Value Village (which is very near her house).
It was such a big store.
They had a lot of EVERYTHING.
Marion dropped me off at Value Village -- and said she'd be back in an hour.
Embroidered velvet coat: $3.50 (that's CANADIAN FUNDS)
Red boiled wool coat with detachable collar and cuffs.  $16.00
Brand new bulky handknit sweater
$7.99 is $6.08 US
At some point -- I bought so much stuff, I needed ANOTHER SUITCASE. (this was also $7.99 -- which was such a bargain, I didn't mind paying United $35 to take it home).
There were many thrift store visits!!
Racks and racks of ice skates!! $4 a pair...I had to remind myself that I don't know how to ice skate!!
Marion steamed my boiled wool coat.
And it's no surprise that I bought SO MUCH JUNK -- I completely filled my brand new giant rolling duffel...
On our last day, we went out for breakfast and I wore my newly pressed boiled wool coat (I had to wear a jacket and a coat on the plane because Cheezies and Jos Louis whoopie pies take up a lot of room.)

2 comments:

  1. Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site unintentionally, and I'm surprised why this coincidence did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.lambs wool comforter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thrift stores are fun!!!! I'm glad you found such cool items. I love the striped sweater. So cute! Thanks for sharing your adventures!! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete