My sister Deena's Microwave Lemon Curd
- ½ cup melted and slightly cooled butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbl. cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (Lilly and Warren squeezed 4 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
2. Microwave on high in 1 minute increments, whisking after each increment, until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon (usually 5-6 minutes).
3. You could pour the curd through a fine mesh strainer. (we didn't bother).
Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 ½ weeks*.
So -- on Father's Day -- Lilly and Warren helped me to ramp up some desserts. Lilly baked a yellow cake mix ALL BY HERSELF...
|She picked out the cake, substituted lemon juice for some of the water, read the directions, ran the mixer, cracked the eggs...Hey -- she's ready to GET A JOB..!!|
|Each child had their own lemon juicer and bowl...|
|With the proper heat gloves, Lilly wanted to completely make the lemon curd.|
|She whisked after every 1 minute increment...|
|It took my microwave 6 times to get it set up (so it would coat the back of a spoon).|
IT WAS A HUGE HIT. We may have started a new Father's Day tradition.
*(HA!! like two cups of lemon curd would last for TWO WEEKS!!)