Monday, June 4, 2018

Grandma Camp 2018

Hey -- Lilly's last day of school was just last Thursday -- and GRANDMA CAMP HAS ALREADY KICKED INTO HIGH GEAR..!!

Both Lilly and Warren made a LIST of things we're going to do this summer.

For starters -- we're going to paint some old furniture -- and clean up the patio area to make it more fun and colorful.

The kid's already started to TAKE DOWN THE STARCH wall in their bedroom...OMG -- I LOVED that wall!!  Do you remember when I first blogged about it? Lilly was 3 years old at the time...
She was still willing to wear PINK!!  This is the little girl who once said, "You just can't go wrong with pink, Grandma."  Now, she wouldn't be caught dead in it...
Recent pictures will follow...I swear, I'M ACTUALLY TOO TIRED FROM GRANDMA CAMP TO PROPERLY BLOG ABOUT EVERYTHING WE DID..!!

We do a good deed every day.  On day one, we stopped in to fix cousin Linda's Featherweight,  delivered some puzzles to my Aunt Ada, then took a chocolate Frosty to my friend Val who is recovering from a recent surgery...

On Day Two -- Lilly baked -- for the first time -- ALL BY HERSELF -- a batch of cupcakes.  They were all to be given away, of course.
These are from Mother's Day.  Saturday's batch had white HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOW FONDANT...with blue fondant rolled out and cut to look like a bow.  pretty cute.  Pics to follow...
Lilly also made a beautiful Zentangle picture that we're going to frame...but the BIG CREATIVE PROJECT this summer will be a re-do of their room.  It was time for the starched fabric to go away (removing it was A LOT OF FUN for them)...

We're going to replace it with something a little more sophisticated...and suited to Lilly's advanced age (she's 9 now).

But we're not ready for the unveiling of that project YET...

All in good time -- right?

In the meantime...I've cleaned up most of the IT'S A FORT mess in the living room...and walking around the new 1,000 piece puzzle Lilly started to work on.  I Frankensewed two new swim trunks for Warren, and made four new pair of shorts for Lilly (out of old jeans).

They proudly hung their new pictures up on the refrigerator,  and I'm still picking up the 20 or so colored pencils Warren lost control of right before they left....

I'm writing this on Sunday afternoon.  I did go to the pool to do my exercise...but now, thanks to Grandma Camp --

I NEED A NAP..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment