Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Frankensew-ed Blue Jeans

This is not going to be a surprise -- but I buy WAY TOO MANY THINGS at thrift stores. I simply cannot resist a good bargain. And when I found a pair of designer jeans (Jones of New York) for only $2....I grabbed them. Five years ago. lol...

Guess what? THEY FINALLY FIT ME...!!

And -- hey -- because they've been hanging around in my basement for the last five years -- I can afford to experiment....

I cut some holes and slits...and washed the jeans several times to get the fabric to fray...
 I LOVE these little sewing themed charm squares...
But, of course, to sew those pieces on the inside, I have to open the leg seam...
There is no future in trying to pick that seam with a ripper -- so I just cut it away.
The trouble is, when I sewed the inner seam back together -- the pants were TOO TIGHT. Darnit...Well, I could wait until I lose another 10 pounds...
OR -- I could just cut open the side seams and add 1" of contrasting fabric...
NO SURPRISE THAT I CHOSE THE FRANKENSEW SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, EH, PEOPLE??
This part had slits instead of an open square...but another cute little sewing motif fabric...
I'd been fringing a pair of knee high shorts for Lilly.
I decided to rob Lilly's fringe and put it on the bottom of my Frankensewed jeans...Maybe I'll just do the fringe on ONE leg...

No comments:

Post a Comment