Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.

The Splendid Sampler™ launched on February 14.   Me and my crew were a little late to the party...but I was never worried...
BOOM!! Linda P. did the first three squares.
Design #1, Pat Sloan
Block #2: Jane Davidson
Block #3: Melissa Corry
WOW...great job, Linda P. Will the rest of us ever able to catch up with her??
Sandy said....BRING IT ON...Her Block #1
Block #2
s
Sandy's Block#3...
Me?  Well -- I found this clock at the Goodwill store...
Linda is having some machine issues...
And, hey, since I was in town already... I got my spring pedicure...
WE ARE LOVING THE CHALLENGE AND THE DESIGNS...The truth is, I also made some blocks this week. And we are all learning sooo much. But I AM TOO EMBARRASSED TO PUT THEM in the same post with Linda P. and Sandy. It's like comparing a Rolex with a Timex. No...a Rolls Royce with a Tricycle...

No comments:

Post a Comment