Friday, March 11, 2016

Ross's Ragged Quilt

Usually, I sit down and write a first draft for my blog posts...often, I do a week's worth at one time...mostly, it depends on the pictures I took.

Sometimes, I decide to go in a different direction...so the draft never goes up. Or, sometimes, the draft publishes itself before I was finished. Like yesterday's post, for example. (I will explain Hattie Carnegie next week)...lol...

Apparently, that kind of happened with Ross's ragged edge quilt. I made FOUR OF THESE after the Christmas holidays -- so I was on quite a roll!! And, I DID write about my trip to the laundromat -- so ya'll got a quick look at his quilt. But I never took a picture of it, actually on his bed...(Thank you for asking, Virginia...!)

This was my best picture of the front of the quilt...
To review -- most of the flannel for Ross's quilt came from thrift store flannel SHEETS. It was beautiful, pre-washed (used) fabric -- and I was able to rip it into 12" strips. That made for pretty easy square-cutting. And, as I was laying it out -- I mostly worried about how the FRONT would look. The back I did on graph paper, and the resulting "design" was simply a product of WHAT FABRICS I HAD LEFT...
I did take a good picture of the BACK but, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I didn't photograph the front...

Lilly loved the back of the quilt.

I did a child's size Superman t-shirt
The most special square on the quilt is a pocket from my Dad's old flannel shirt...
Ross didn't want a sports theme, or any juvenile prints...but I could not resist one small token CUBS logo
WAIT!! I still don't have a good picture of the FRONT of Ross's quilt. Bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment