Thursday, June 5, 2014

These Sandals Match Everything

When you are painting leather, there can be a lot of wait time. The yellow, for example, required four coats to cover -- and it had to dry between coats. The thing is -- your paint is all ready to go -- and your brushes are full of paint...so you find yourself looking around, trying to find something else to paint...

That's when I noticed my sandals...They were SAS-- very comfortable -- but the problem is because they are so beige I hardly ever wear them....(they were $3 at a thrift store).  I SHOULD PAINT THEM...GREAT IDEA, EH??
And what the hell??  The brush is full of teal paint already...
This took about three minutes...
They got a second coat -- and some black marker detailing...
At breakfast the next day --OF COURSE I had to show my purse...
In this very attractive, headless photo, you can see that my purse AND my sandals matched the Pucci dress I made...which I love so much, I've nearly worn it out already...
Apparently, I have been unconsciously picking the same colors for the last 30 years...pink and orange, blue and green...

P.S. Deanna is my witness. I was wearing this dress (in a bar in Wisconsin) when a guy started to flirt with me. I am sure he was trying to pick me up. It was very flattering. Even though he was 85 and needed new dentures. And possibly glasses...

1 comment: