Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2014 Graduation


It is always a treat when my sister Deborah comes to town. Especially when it's for such a happy occasion as her grandson graduating from High School. OH MY GOD...where does the time go??

Mitchell (Deb's son) and his wife Stacyhave done a GREAT job raising their two kids.  Austin is graduating from high school, and he is a great kid. 
They are the two hardest working people I know...they have their own business and they build things...
It seems like just yesterday, Austin was a baby -- playing on my mother's living room floor. He was such a beautiful baby -- happy and content to play on his little  blanket...entertaining all of us...

And he grew up to be a strong, confident, kind, hard-working young man who has a wonderful future...
Austin and Deb, standing in front of his pride and joy...(I could make up a year and a make and model -- but who are we kidding? It's a pick-up truck...I dunno....)
Deb made Austin a special quilt -- that looks like gears...
AND, Deb also brought her newest totebag to show me. She loved the fabric, and has been waiting for the right time to use her new pattern...
Deb's visits are whirlwind events (Nashville is a ten hour drive) -- but we always try to do a sister catch-up.
I showed her my before and after sofa cushion. We laughed, like we always do. We talked about where we are in our lives. Like we always do.

And then she gave me the totebag. Like she always does...

1 comment: