Friday, June 20, 2014

Maureen's Dream Kitchen

During our recent trip back to Pennsylvania for Marissa's wedding -- OF COURSE we had a visit with John's sister, Maureen. She recently finished a kitchen remodel. In typical Maureen style -- it wasn't just ANY remodel. It was an over-the-top-SIX FIGURE kitchen remodel....
She actually blew out the entire formal dining room to double the size of her kitchen...
The under cabinet lighting reminded me of every airplane I was ever on...
There are TWO dishwashers!!
A very large pantry...
Two giant islands...
John and his sister Maureen.
Duing our tour of Maureen's grand new kitchen, I kept thinking about Maureen's mother, Helen, and how pleased she would be with everything in that kitchen. Cooking was how she showed her love. I didn't know it at the time...but I understand it now.   I think of her every time I make her gravy, or an Easter ham, or Panko chicken...

And it makes me wonder what my grandchildren will remember about my cooking...hummm...

1 comment:

  1. OMG.....2 Dishwashers!!! Does Maureen cook like her Mother??? <3 <3 <3 this kitchen.....sigh.....;)
    Miss You, Linda in Othello

    ReplyDelete