Monday, June 2, 2014

Porch Sofa Fabric Selection...

Of course, I began this project in a fabric store -- like any normal person would....And God knows there are MANY WONDERFUL fabrics out there. It would have been easy to fall in love.

However -- since I am a girl on a budget -- before I went crazy and actually PAID A WHOPPING $5 a yard -- I decided to go shopping in my basement.

I mean -- WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING A STASH, PEOPLE???

And -- the fabric treasure I found living in my basement was completely stunning -- even to me...

My favorite color -- YELLOW. This is a queen size Ralph Lauren duvet cover. The fabric is a heavy cotton duck...perfect!
I found three yards of this outdoor fabric.  Hey -- it's not perfect, but it could work???
Several years ago, I paid $2.50 for two curtain panels. Made from outdoor fabric -- each panel measured 84" x 54".  THAT IS A LOT OF FABRIC...
AND -- get this -- the curtains are lined with that special stuff made for draperies.  Mildew-resistant, sun-resistant....UNEXPECTED BONUS, EH??
There seems to be a circles theme...I wonder if this wall hanging might be worked into the sofa?? I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED IT...
AND -- what does this leftover gallon of paint have to do with the sofa project?? Stay tuned...that will be NEXT week's post...
OH -- I almost forgot.  I just happened to have two yards of OUTDOOR FABRIC in a zebra pattern (from a trip to Jackman's in St. Louis last year after Babylock Tech)...
Because, of course, if you have been reading my blog -- you know I consider Zebra to be the NEW BLACK...

OH, YEAH -- THIS IS GONNA BE FUN...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment