Thursday, June 26, 2014

The BEST Amish Thing...

If my life is going right -- THIS will be a moment I am reliving.  This is a post I wrote last year, uon the discovery of Amish Peanut Butter...

YUMMO>>>

**********

June 2013:

The MOMENT we arrived in Indiana Amish country -- we needed to EAT. For our late lunch, Rhonda picked the Essenhaus Restaurant in Middlebury. Of course, I was not surprised to see Apple Butter on the table. You've gotta love those Amish condiments...

But I had no idea what this thing called Amish Peanut Butter was about....??


Rhonda ordered the house specialty -- beef and noodles served on mashed potatoes. I ordered the chicken pot pie -- and we split our dishes....OMG....

The restaurant is HUGE -- with many different dining rooms.  Even considering the large scale of the place -- the wait can be over an hour...

They are famous for serving the food family style -- and there is also a huge buffet...




The next day, when Rhonda was teaching -- I treated myself to lunch at the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana. I was delighted to see that they ALSO had squeeze bottles of Amish Peanut Butter sitting on every table....

AND THEY BRING LITTLE HOMEMADE LOAVES OF WARM WHOLE WHEAT BREAD RIGHT TO YOUR TABLE???


I'm just saying -- if you EVER GET A CHANCE TO VISIT INDIANA...you really, really must try this addictive thing called Amish Peanut Butter. I have gained ten pounds just blogging about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment