But, as I looked at the cushions -- and thought about my options...it occurred to me that somebody else had already done the hard work. These six zippers work fine...they are the right size...they fit the cushions already...hummm...
|I thought about how I could re-use the existing zippers...|
|So, I cut the zipper bottom off the first cushion cover...|
|Then, I just topstitched two pieces of zebra fabric down both sides...|
|Here's what it looks like on the back side...|
|WHAT A GREAT CHEAT...!!|
|After I topstitched the new zebra fabric in place (hiding the ugly floral print) -- I cut it down to size...|
|AND I added a zipper stop at both ends...|
I am LOVING MY SOFA project...but it is on a temporary hold because I have to move on to projects for the Pennylvania Cousins visit...
So far, I have four Aqua "Frozen" dresses ready to go...but only one cape.
And after I do three more capes, I still have to think of something FOR THOSE CUTE BOYS...