Monday, June 23, 2014

Porch Sofa Zipper Problem

One of the most daunting things about my porch sofa project was the prospect of putting in six long upholstery zippers. Ugh. I am NOT A ZIPPER GIRL...mostly I leave that job to Mary Mulari -- my Ya Ya Sister who inherited ALL THE ZIPPER GENES in our family....

But, as I looked at the cushions -- and thought about my options...it occurred to me that somebody else had already done the hard work. These six zippers work fine...they are the right size...they fit the cushions already...hummm...
I thought about how I could re-use the existing zippers...
So, I cut the zipper bottom off the first cushion cover...
Then, I just topstitched two pieces of zebra fabric down both sides...
Here's what it looks like on the back side...
WHAT A GREAT CHEAT...!!
After I topstitched the new zebra fabric in place (hiding the ugly floral print) -- I cut it down to size...
AND I added a zipper stop at both ends...
IT IS OFFICIAL -- YES, I AM A GENIUS...

I am LOVING MY SOFA project...but it is on a temporary hold because I have to move on to projects for the Pennylvania Cousins visit...

 So far, I have four Aqua "Frozen" dresses ready to go...but only one cape.

And after I do three more capes, I still have to think of something FOR THOSE CUTE BOYS...

No comments:

Post a Comment