Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Popover DEMO

Okay -- you could be getting tired of me and my POPOVER obsession.

But, I am telling you -- it's a wonderful thing to be known for one simple, special dish...and NOTHING IS EASIER OR MORE SPECTACULAR THAN popovers!!

Recently, I made THREE batches in one day.
Last Fall, when I had my wonderful visit with my friend Marion -- she had a special lunch planned, and for the entertainment -- we did a Popover Demo.
The ingredients are so simple...(recipe on the sidebar of this BLOG)...
Marion's popovers popped so high, they actually touched the electric element in the top of her oven -- which tipped them out of the pan when she tried to remove it!!
So -- because Sandy's daughters were visiting for her 75th birthday (from Florida, Illinois and Missouri) -- she wanted to do a POPOVER demo.
Sandy, in her kitchen with daughters Susan and Bonnie
I provided the recipe and "tips" -- and they did EVERYTHING ELSE.
The popovers WERE AMAZING...Please note the REAL butter -- and the homemade jams.  Soooo delicious...
Susan is a retired librarian -- and she is into recycling old books
By careful folding, she turns them into interesting centerpieces
I did a popover demo -- and Susan did a "folded pages" demo.
We all learned something new that day...so perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment