Thursday, October 24, 2019

My Day With Anne

Although this information is out-of-order (as often happens with a blog) -- I wanted to tell you the story of how I came to own an actual genuine faux mink apron...

I owe it all to my young friend Anne...

Anne lives in Cedar Rapids, and I live in Princeton. Iowa City is our go-to-halfway-spot. And every now and then, WE JUST NEED A LUNCH...
We always do some thrift-store shopping...and, OF COURSE, there's lunch...and, well -- just talking. I LOVE MY ANNE DAYS. It's an easy one hour drive....I always line up a good book-on-tape (I'm addicted to Jennifer Chivriani)...and, well, Anne is just one of those people who has the BEST ATTITUDE about life, y'know?? Truly a joy for me to have her as a friend.
During our last visit -- Anne spotted THIS apron!!  (Merry Christmas, Mary!)
And THIS glass cutting mat
Honestly, people -- it had been marked down to $1....
What size 24 woman wants a swimming suit in this color?  I'm telling you....neon orange AND high cut leg opening...this is NOT gonna sell any time soon...
The perfect little zipper bag for Lilly.  I have said this to her every night for a decade now...
There is a Mennonite thrift store in Iowa City, the Crowded Closet, where they SEW OLD BUTTONS ON NEW CARDS...
No kidding. This is happening...!!
So, you can tell we are having a wonderful day. It's a beautiful fall day -- perfect for a little road trip. I SO LOVE DOING THIS. And I have just enough treasure in my back seat....we've worked up an appetite...(all this walking around thrift stores is taking the place of one-hour in the pool, right?)
So, OF COURSE, THERE IS LUNCH..!!
My cousin Kim told me about this a week earlier. It's delicious homemade chicken soup (with big chunks of rotisserie chicken), served with a dollop of hot mashed potatoes.

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment