Saturday, October 5, 2019

Sandy's 75th Birthday

On the VERY DAY we went on the Riverboat cruise -- my friend Sandy was having her 75th birthday party. IN THE SAME PARKING LOT...there is a City Pavilion.

I figured we'd get there in time for cake!
Sandy and her sisters.
Because it had been raining all morning -- there were LOTS of puddles
Which, of course, the kids wanted to JUMP in...
My friend Sandy is 75 years young. Instead of "gifts" -- her daughters requested that people bring books they enjoyed...
The last time she saw Lilly, she got a Hamilton concert!
We tried to get a selfie -- with the Mississippi River in the background.
But this is my BEST PICTURE OF THE DAY...Really.  Lilly and Warren jumped and jumped in those puddles...their shoes were soaked, their clothes were all through and through. I can't tell you how much joy this activity brought...
After it's all said and done -- I believe THIS moment is what they'll remember when they're having their 75th birthday party...

3 comments:

  1. Rita, I so enjoy your blog writings and really look forward to them! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and your pictures are wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete