Tuesday, October 22, 2019

THE Camper....RV?....Motorhome?....

After supper, Janet and Dave gave us a tour of their Motorhome...(I think that's the preferred term).I'm not sure what to call them -- but I know one thing -- THEY ARE AMAZING.
This one has three pop-outs.  Which, when parked, creates a closet, a living room, and a Queen size bed.
I loved seeing the special camper pillowcase from Ann Sagawa!
Once I realized Janet loves the color blue -- I had the PERFECT SET OF Queen size blue sheets! 100% cotton, Iowa line-dried.  EXCELLENT...
The sheets will match the stunning Amish quilt Janet bought on this trip.  (perfect souvenir, eh?)
For breakfast, of course, I made POPOVERS..!!
And, before I knew it -- THEY WERE PULLING OUT OF OUR DRIVEWAY...
I have never, not even for a moment, thought I wanted to travel the world in an RV (camper? Motorhome?)...but, hearing about the journey Janet and Dave have been on did make me just a tad bit jealous. Holy Cow...they left Roy, Washington over two months ago...and the meandered across the entire United States...heading to Charlottesville, Virginia...then a family reunion in New Hampshire, then crossed over into Canada...well, you get the idea.

And HERE's the thing I envy.  All the time, Janet and Dave are stopping in little towns, seeing the local attractions, visiting Maritime Museums or the Amana Colonies.  They might spend the night, they might take a tour...whatever suits their fancy.  They have no set "itinerary"...and if the campground thing doesn't work out, they just park in a Walmart parking lot.

Really.  No television news...no schedule...no pressure...just the two of them...doing whatever...

YEP.   They got it right.....and it is, without a doubt, the PERFECT way to see America.

No comments:

Post a Comment