Saturday, October 12, 2019

Our Dog Frankie

Looking back, it's hard to remember our lives BEFORE we got Frankie. And I honestly cannot remember why, at that specific moment, I decided WE HAD TO HAVE A DOG. Because, believe me, it was MY decision to get a dog. John has always been adamant about 'NO PETS IN THE HOUSE". and when I brought this puppy home, John went into a pout that lasted for days...(he also did that 30 years ago, when I brought home another brown dog named Sam...but that's a different dog, different story...)

But, today -- it's all about THIS dog...

Lilly held him all the way home...
That day,  meeting Warren for the first time...
He and Ross bonded right away. Ross named him Francis Albert Sinatra Farro.
By Christmas time, he was nearly grown...
His favorite spot...sitting in the puzzle chair, looking out the window, guarding the property.
I'm still his favorite. As I write this blog, he is most likely sitting on the foot rest of my Lazyboy...
The kids have always loved Frankie...and he goes into their room every Friday night, and gets into bed with them.  After they fall asleep, he comes downstairs, into our room...and sleeps UNDER our bed.
He NEVER barks for no reason. (I know there's something wrong with that sentence)...but he always barks when somebody pulls down our driveway...
But the MINUTE he's said hello to company -- he settles in to enjoy the party...
There's no real point to this post (which is kinda normal, actually)...and I know not everybody is into pets.

But, every time I see an old person walking around the block with a dog on a leash, I think to myself...that dog may have been their reason to get out of bed today.

Frankie is completely in tune with everybody in this house.  Last Spring, when all John could do was sit in his chair and watch the Lone Ranger, Frankie would go over to him, stand up, put his paws on John's knees, and wag his tail furiously....as if to say..."ENOUGH SITTING...GET UP ALREADY...LET'S DO SOMETHING, BUDDY...'

I'm just saying -- there is nothing like the unconditional love you get from a dog.  Really.  It is THAT special.

No comments:

Post a Comment