Thursday, October 24, 2019

Criss Crossing the Country!!

Barb gave me a beautiful, hand-dyed silk scarf...
Here I am, showing it off at TMBC (the day after our lunch)
Those are real leaves, people...you can't beat mother nature when it comes to design...
For this picture, I had Barb wear my FAVORITE APRON OF ALL TIME. The Mary Mulari Criss-Cross Apron...
Mary made it for me at our Polar Vortex SEW Retreat. And there isn't a week goes by that I don't wear it...and remember that wonderful week of friendship, and sewing...
This all led, of course, to a big conversation about the CTA Retreat. Next year. On my Birthday Weekend. Those women KNOW HOW TO PARTY...and, of course, SEW....and it is an honor to be invited...and Laura has done a GREAT job selling this event to me -- but, as things stand right now, it's very unlikely I'd be able to get away for that long...

Anyway, as Barb and I are disussing their Retreat, Carolyn is on her phone, googling Mary's Criss Cross Apron...WHICH SHE WANTS RIGHT NOW, BEFORE SHE GOES BACK TO ALASKA...

Barb and Carolyn were going to visit the Amana Colonies on their way back to Newton. Janet and Dave wrote about their visit there days earlier...(I live in this State, and have not been there for at least 15 years)...
TWO DAYS LATER -- I received this picture. Of Carolyn. Wearing her new Mary Mulari Criss Cross Apron. In Alaska.
As it turns out, they wandered into the Quilt Shop in Kalona (it's a giant barn, of course) -- and CAROLYN FOUND MARY'S APRON PATTERN...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment