Monday, October 28, 2019

MY BECKY DAY!!

Becky (my college roommate)  and I get together ONE DAY A YEAR. We only live 3 hours apart, so you'd think it would be easier, eh? But, I swear, it gets harder EVERY YEAR...and this summer, we had to reschedule SIX TIMES...it was crazy.

Every time we thought it was gonna work out, something came up. I had car problems, Becky had grandma trouble...the usual old lady stuff....

So, here we are -- IT'S ALMOST NOVEMBER...but we are determined!! On this day, I woke up HOPEFUL...

I always pick the town. This year, I chose LaSalle, Illinois. It's a quick 1 1/2 hour drive for each of us...
And it was the perfect day for a little road trip!!
Our first destination was the I and M Canal Cafe.
Inside, it is THE MOST CHARMING place you can imagine.
 
From the inside -- looking out -- this town looks like a postcard from 1956....
FINALLY.  Becky and I got to sit down and do our annual catch-up.
Our waitress, Tessa, taking a picture of us, taking a picture of her...
The back room is set up with may round dining tables...and all those panels tell the history of the I and M Canal.
Becky, who has pretty much lived in Chicago all her adult life -- DIDN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT IT...

No comments:

Post a Comment