Tuesday, October 8, 2019

My Tie Die Dress

Remember our Tie Dye Party on Sue's Farm?
Me, Sue and our four grands -- had a wonderful time tie-dying EVERYTHING.
I provided a giant laundry basket with over 30 things-to-dye...
We had a great time that day. One of the projects was a favorite dress of mine...
TEN years ago, I was visiting my friend Marion in Canada. We were on an island, parked in the line-up to drive on to the Ferry.   I can still see the little shop where I bought a wonderful, simple tie-dyed cotton dress...which I have nearly WORN OUT...

Marion and I -- in Canada last year.
After a decade of laundering, the colors of my most-favorite-tie-dyed dress had faded to a pale yellow...so I took it along to the Tie Dye party at the farm.

I thought it could use a freshening...
This is what happened...
I was wearing it last weekend, when the kids were here. I made the comment that, after the new Dye job, it kind of looks like I might have witnessed a bloody murder...

Lilly took a look,  "that's what I imagine Hippie blood would look like..."

*****

Even though it looks a big strange -- now this dress has double good fond memories for me.  I find myself wearing it OFTEN...

No comments:

Post a Comment