Tuesday, September 24, 2019

TMBC Clinton

You know how I like to have ONE special thing to look forward to each week, right? Last week, it was the TMBC taking a Day Trip up to Clinton, Iowa.

Of course -- any good Day Trip involves BREAKFAST ON THE ROAD..!! This time -- Breakfast at BUBBA'S. Where you get a Senior omelette, fried potatoes AND a cinnamon roll pancake for $4.00. Yes, I know. I have an amazing life....
Sandy, me, Sharalan, Linda K. and Linda P. Sorry -- no pictures of the food because I ATE IT ALL BEFORE I REMEMBERED I HAD MY CAMERA WITH ME...
Then, it was off to our usual haunts. There are several wonderful thrift stores in Clinton...and a terrific consignment shop...the Salvation Army, the Goodwill store.

LEZZGO...
This quilt was hand-tied wool batt.
All hand stitched -- those curves!!
Love the table top made out of yard sticks. Whatever happened to yard sticks??  Why don't we use them nowadays??
A new store, Grandma Nell's -- where they refurbish everything you can think of...
Love the quilt-reupholstery job on this vintage chair.  Hey, Eileen!!  Did you ever get around to recovering an old chair with a machine embroidered quilt??
Blue Suede shoes?  Only $8...
Aluminum ashtrays with the various STATES.depicted.
I am always attracted to old laundry stuff!
But -- the MOST INTERESTING thing we saw all day was an all-in-one kitchen appliance...
Two burners and a sink on top...with a refrigerator on the bottom!!
A better picture of the two burners and sink...
It even ha a timer!!
REALLY!! What a great idea!! It was for sale for $350. Altho, I'd be afraid none of it would work. But isn't this the perfect solution to a small NYC apartment?

Or, maybe, it's time for your Mother-in-law to move in with you -- and you don't want her in YOUR kitchen..!!

Who am I kidding??  I'M THE MOTHER-IN-LAW who will be moving in with somebody soon!! And as it turns out, this micro-mini kitchen is the perfect size for all the cooking I'm doing nowadays!!

BRING IT ON..!!




My favorite new TMBC picture!! GREAT DAY, LADIES...well done...
My treasure, of course, filled the back of Sandy's van. More about that later...

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised we haven't seen that all-in-one appliance on one of those tiny home shows on HGTV or DIY. That's actually quite cool.
    And, I use my yardstick all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete