Friday, September 13, 2019

Kenny #5 and #6

Kenmore #5

Okay -- I don't have a picture of Kenmore #5. But I do have a picture of HER NEW OWNER...
Linda P. from the TMBC...
So, here's the story.  LP's daughter (Kim, who lives in Texas) purchased a Kenmore #158 for her daughter -- but it didn't have a case. Several days after I heard they were looking for a case, OF COURSE I FOUND ONE at the local Goodwill Store ($15).

Of course, the $15 case also had a SEWING MACHINE....which, as it happened, was in perfect condition. LP could not resist plugging it in, and her husband, Don, oiled the spotlessly clean inside of this little dynamo...so

LP said it would be a shame to throw away such a beautiful sewing machine....

So, come Christmas, Linda and Don will drive the machine down to Texas to meet it's new owners....the DRAMA DEPARTMENT where Kim works.

Which brings us to  

KENMORE #6....
We have our Library Sewing Days at the Bettendorf Library...which just happens to be right across the street from the Bettendorf Goodwill store.
Sharalan (who lives in Texas 8 months a year) was bringing a guest -- her daughter, Amanda.
With all this talk about these vintage Kenmores -- Sharalan told me to "be on the lookout" -- because she'd like to get one for Amanda...
BOOM!! I found one at the Bettendorf Goodwill -- for $25.88.
Sharalan and Amanda were late getting to the library -- because, of course, they were busy BUYING KENMORE #6...
After our lunch break, we had a little tutorial...But, hey -- THIS MACHINE EVEN HAD THE INSTRUCTION BOOK WITH IT...
Amanda was delighted...
And, of course, I was happy to "rehome" yet another vintage Kenmore sewing machine!!

Honestly...it's like I'm running an orphanage. But instead of orphaned children, I'm finding homes for neglected, abandoned sewing machines...

I think there's a screenplay in here somewhere...don't you?  Or maybe a book...

Where have all these machines been for the last 50 years??  Why are they in such excellent condition?

3 comments:

  1. Rita, you have quite a talent for finding things that people want! The 6 Kenny's story has been quite fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have just opened a special shop! If I ever wanted one I'd know who to call!!

    ReplyDelete