Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Flannel Ragged Blankets/The t-shirt TWIST

My sister Ronda makes ragged edge flannel blankets like IT'S HER JOB.  I can't explain it -- but sewing together thousands of 10 inch squares of flannel brings order and joy to her life.
Honestly -- she has made hundreds of these blankets.
Every person in her life has received one of Ronda's flannel blankets. She makes them for birthday gifts, graduation gifts, wedding gifts, baby gifts, Christmas gifts, anniversary gifts, house-warming gifts...well -- you get the idea.
 
Lilly's very first sewing experience was making a flannel ragged edge blanket...But -- of course -- WE HAD TO INSERT A FEW T-SHIRTS..!!
And that was the beginning of MY OWN OBSESSION with ragged edge t-shirt quilts.
And YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE buying a pithy t-shrt...
The wonderful thing is that each blanket is made to depict whatever that person loves.  Ronda made this one, mostly from flannel, but inserting some North Scott t-shirts..
At the Retreat last year, I made a Lazy-boy t-shirt quilt for Elliott...
Last month, the TMBC got together at the library to make a special quilt for our Aunt
IT TURNED OUT GREAT.
This is the one block Aunt Adda did not approve of...
Maybe we should've used this one??
I AM NOT KIDDING YOU -- thrift-store shopping for pithy t-shirts is my passion. I have at least as many t-shirts as Ronda has flannel prints...
Last week, the TMBC was at the library AGAIN (gee, we LOVE those all-day-sewing day) -- and I worked on another t-shirt quilt. I don't have a picture yet -- but YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment