Wednesday, September 25, 2019

MDF Porch Luncheon

I have another group of friends -- Sandy, who has been doing my hair for over 30 years, is the ringleader.
We went to New York City in 2009. (Evelyn, Sandy, me and Carol)
Here we are last year -- out for lunch -- me, Sandy, Sue, Carol and Evelyn. The trays we're holding say, "DRINK UP, BITCHES"
I lovingly refer to them as the "MDF". Which, of course, stands for "My Drinking Friends". Because wherever they go -- THERE WILL BE SOME BOOZE...

When Sandy's in Iowa (she is a Florida snowbird) -- they get together once a month for lunch. Usually at somebody's house...

On a recent Friday -- it was time for my annual MDF PORCH PARTY.  They love, love, love  popovers...!!
And I have these things DOWN PAT..!!
Really -- nothing could be easier -- and they are SPECTACULAR..!!
My challenge to myself on this day was to NOT BUY ANY GROCERIES...so I started with some leftove spaghetti, cut up some veggies from the garden...eggs...to make a fritatta.
My trusty iron skillet.  It was PERFECT.
I am loving the porch this summer.
The new $4 table is perfect. I set it with my good china, zebra napkins (duh!)
And Aunt Rozella's silver!!
The complete menu was: fritatta, popovers, tuna salad, deviled eggs and cappuccino ice cream for desert. I made an extra batch of popovers so they could each take some home.

When Lilly and Warren came that night -- they argued over the single leftover popover.  So, of course, I quickly MADE ANOTHER batch for them to eat.  Making 3 batches of popovers in one day was a new personal record!!

Again -- it's GREAT to be known for one special dish.  I am delighted that Popovers is my Super-power.  (Thanks again, Marion!!  I always remember the first time I ate one, I was with you at the James Hotel in Chicago...do you remember?)
My renovated bench looks perfect.
Altho, to be safe, I think I will staple a plastic cover
John took a picture of the five of us that day.  (Frankie could not resist)

No comments:

Post a Comment