Saturday, September 14, 2019

Kenmore #6...Addendum...

So -- okay -- before I move on (and, YES, there are more vintage Kenny's in your future) -- I have one side story to tell...

Amanda was delighted with her Kenmore #158...Although it didn't have any attachments -- it uses #15 bobbins, and they are widely available. We oiled it, and ran it through some stitches...it worked PERFECTLY.
When I originally told Sharalan about the Kenny -- there were two machines at the Goodwill. The Kenny, and a plastic Singer (which I wouldn't give you a nickel for).  She, OF COURSE, bought the Kenny.

Several days later -- I was back at that Goodwill store...the crappy Singer was still there...and, for reasons even I DO NOT UNDERSTAND....I opened the case. And -- GUESS WHAT I FOUND??

Kenmore attachments -- in their original box!
The box had a little plastic Kenmore seam ripper, some extra bobbins, two screwdrivers, the buttonhole attachment, etc.
Really? All the attachments in their original packing!!
I took the little Kenmore box up to the register, and explained that my friend BOUGHT the machine this box belonged to...and they would not even fit on the Singer.

Although I would be happy to purchase this little box -- in my honest opinion, my friend already paid for it...and wouldn't it be better if they just gave the box to me so I could deliver it to the rightful owner??

Now -- THAT'S SOME RITALUCK RIGHT THERE, PEOPLE..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment