Monday, February 4, 2019

Winter Grandma Games

For me, and my Grandma game -- the most important thing is to KEEP THEM BUSY.   Every day isn't some fabulous adventure...like a train ride to Chicago, or a visit to New York City, or an overnight stay at a fancy hotel. Most days, we just do normal stuff.  Fold Laundry. Cook supper. Set the table. Watch our favorite tv shows. Play board games. Read books. Build things. well, you get the idea.

I don't really have a a lot of "rules". Well -- one rule is "no personal screens". If we're going to watch a movie, we watch it together. If we're going to play a game, we do it together. They do what they like, get bored, then move on to the next thing....
Thanks to Uncle Ross, I have a mega-Lego Table!! That's been great for their imagination.
Warren likes to have me read books to him. (and Lilly is reading ALL THE TIME)…
We can always find some cooking to do.
They do crafting, decorating...
I always have a puzzle table set up...which they often use to work on projects, or we play board games
They love ALL KINDS OF games...and a little competition is a healthy thing.
Because, of course -- THIS IS THE GOAL...!!
Tomorrow, I'm going to share my BEST HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH RECIPE....

No comments:

Post a Comment