Wednesday, February 6, 2019

KODO

You have probably guessed by now that my life has an ACTUAL RHYTHM to it.  Each month brings it's own reliable gifts...some people call them traditions.   Most families celebrate the holidays, birthdays, or vacation the same week every summer...

Well, on of my favorite traditions is MARY'S JANUARY VISIT TO IOWA.  I don't actually know when it became a tradition, but at this point, it gives my January a reason to live.

Mary's visit is always my motivation to CLEAR OUT THE CLUTTER!!

For weeks now, every time I make a trip into town (this is almost a daily activity) -- I force myself to take one giant garbage bag to the Goodwill store.

Here's how I'm doing it....

Carrie cleaned the laundry side of the basement.  Of course, she knows where many things should go...but there were many more things that were a mystery.  I asked her to pile all the mystery items on top of the pool table (on the other side of the basement).

Then, garbage bag in hand, I go to the pool table and do a "keep one-donate one" sort.

I can fill up that garbage bag in less than 2 minutes.

Shockingly, the next day, standing in front of the same mystery mountain, I do it again.

I don't make myself go through the whole pile...and I don't think I'm going to be able to "clean the basement" before Mary comes...my goals are small and attainable.  One bag at a time.  I can do this.

"keep one-donate one"

KODO

My trips to the Goodwill have been very frequent this winter.  Sharon works the donation door during the week -- and the weekend crew is Barry and Al.  We are, of course, getting to know each other.

Every time I drop off a new bag, they ask the same thing..."do you need a receipt?"

And I say, "No, I'm just happy you don't charge me by the pound."

1 comment:

  1. Have you noticed it takes two men (Barry and Al) to do the job of one woman (Sharon)....LOL
    I did the 40 day challenge last year for Lent - add one thing to the charity bag each day. Planning to do it again this year.

    ReplyDelete