Saturday, February 23, 2019

Lilly's Subway Hoodie

It does NOT SEEM POSSIBLE that it's already been TWO years since I took Lilly to New York City. As we ramp up to her 10th birthday -- I am planning something special, but it's not "announceable" yet.

This is from a blog post I wrote two years ago, but never quite got around to posting.  It involved one of my favorite activities -- FRANKENSEWING...
As Ritaluck would have it -- I found this wonderful NYC subway map sweatshirt at a Clinton, Iowa thrift store.  I paid $2 for it.  But it didn't fit Lilly...
It was too tight in the body -- and too long in the sleeve.  NO PROBLEM -- remember -- my Grandma Superpower is I CAN SEW...So, the first thing I did was open the side of the jacket...and add about 3" of black fabric on each side.
Then, I cut out 1 inch from each sleeve -- and reattached the ribbed wrist piece...

Honestly, I cannot imagine a better Grandma moment...


No comments:

Post a Comment