Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween and Ritaluck

Lilly wanted to be a scary clown for Halloween. I didn't actually get the assignment from Emily until Wednesday....(her class party was Friday).
At my first stop, I found this wig for $1.98...
Although there were HUGE RACKS of clothes and costumes at the Goodwill store, there was nothing that could be considered a "clown costume"...I'd hoped to buy something that I could Frankensew into a clown costume...
My second stop was the DAV Thrift store -- where I found THIS MOST PERFECT CLOWN COSTUME. And it was complete, with a clown collar...OMG...I knew somebody had sewn this costume...they used a pattern and everything. Then -- ten years later -- I buy it for $2.45.
Lilly could not have been more delighted!!
All I had to do was take it home and stick it in the washing machine. It came out BEAUTIFUL.
I made one important change. The woman who made it, ran elastic through a casing for the neck opening. But there was no back opening in the actual costume. So it was kind of hard to get in and out of the thing. Taking a trick from the Mary Mulari playbook -- I just sewed an elastic ponytail holder....
With the new opening in the back, the ponytail holder stretches enough for Lilly to step into her Clown Costume.
She was going for Creepy Clown, and I think she hit it...

No comments:

Post a Comment