Tuesday, March 10, 2015

TMBC

The best thing about the TMBC is that the four of us get together, at the same place, at the same time, E.V.E.R.Y...D.A.M.N...T.U.E.S.D.A.Y....

Except for last week. Let me paint you a picture.

We'd had yet another blizzard. It was ten degrees BELOW zero and the roads were completely ice-covered. Most schools in the county had been cancelled.

One of the clubbers was out of town...and a second one was sick. So, obviously, breakfast is off - right?? I can miss one week...

John had been sick for five days. That morning, he woke me up at 5:30 AM to tell me he hadn't been able to sleep because he'd been coughing all night. From my own blissful, contented sleep, I said, "uh-huh"...

Then, John said, "You got up at 3:00 (to use the bathroom). Did you even notice I wasn't in bed?"

(Now wide awake, wondering what the right answer is...)

I said, "I heard snoring coming from the living room...so I said to myself, I wonder if John is in Chicago?"

He didn't think that was funny. So, I had no choice but to get out of bed. Ugh. It's not even 6:00 AM...

I couldn't see out the living room window...everything was encased in a thick ice. I mean -- it would be foolish for me to drive 20 miles on dangerous roads just to hook up with the one remaining clubber. And it will take at least an hour to warm up my car and chip off the one-inch of ice encasement....

I guess we can miss a week...

OR -- I COULD GET OFF MY FAT ASS AND START CHIPPING...........


So, I called Lin and said, "hey -- wanna do lunch??"

No comments:

Post a Comment