Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ladie's Who Lunch

Today the temperature is supposed to get ABOVE 50 DEGREES. Halleluiah and it's about time!! But last week, we had yet another snow storm blow through here and it almost ruined my lunch!!

When I had my store, Rita's Sew Fun (this blog is named in it's honor) -- the woman who taught the monthly sewing club was Judy. SHE IS AN AMAZING seamstress, quilter, crafter, artist -- you think up the word -- she is good at it.

She missed out on Mary Mulari's visit this year -- so my sister Ronda went with me (to deliver some Mary gifts)...
Yes, I suck at selfies. Me, Judy and Ronda...
OF COURSE she embroidered all the snowman towel/napkins
We also made her cook lunch -- chili...
and homemade cornbread biscuits...
The table looked great. Judy set a place for Phyllis, but she was babysitting that day (we Grandmas schedule our lives around the babysitting, eh?)
Judy does it all -- long arm quilting....embroidery, garments,
Wearable art, and, of course -- QUILTS...in this case, combining her love of machine embroidery AND quilting...
The three of us had a wonderful afternoon. We talked about the good old days -- then shared stories about our lives, our children, our grandchildren. You know the visit I'm talking about...we talked, we laughed, we cried.

For my money, there are few things better than spending time with women friends you have a history with.

Priceless...

No comments:

Post a Comment