Friday, March 13, 2015

T-Shirt Rescue, The REST of the story...

We all know you could start shopping right now, and with unlimited time and money -- NEVER find another t-shirt that was the same shade of blue.  And these shirts need to be fixed in the next two hours...
Carrie took them out of the bag to wash them...and realized Dylan's shirt was way too small for him. AND Steve's shirt was also too small...
It JUST SO HAPPENS I have a gorgeous Hawaiian shirt (made in Hawaii, real silk) -- in my stash...OMG...it's all different shade of blue!!
Here's the story on Hawaiian shirts. This winter -- Ross and I started watching Hawaii Five-O. We are hooked. It's our new guilty pleasure. They were showing the older shows on TNT, and I would tape them. However, those shows brought up some questions -- so I got Season One from the Library.

SUCH A GREAT SHOW. We're watching Season Two now.  And we watch it the same way we caught up on Downton Abby. One show every night, right before we go to bed. (or maybe two or three episodes)...

Obviously, the STAR of that show is the State of Hawaii. The scenery is gorgeous. So THAT's why I started buying Hawaiian shirts. And, I swear to you -- JUST THAT DAY -- this shirt turned up in my car. $2 at the local DAV thrift store...

I hung the floral shirt between the two blue t-shirts and looked at it for awhile. I could make floral sleeves for both t-shirts, and add two inch side panels...maybe take the collar, too...

The whole idea of it was giving me a big thrill. When I decided to dig a little deeper, just in case I actually DID have a matching blue shirt...

I found one.

Bummer...

Because, I know Dylan and Steve. And they are not flowered shirt kind of guys...
This is the new sleeve. Which, trust me, is a VERY good match...
I serged a new panel into both sides of each shirt --
Wearing it, nobody would notice the extra seams...
Really -- the match was THAT GOOD...and the panel went all the way through the sleeve seam...
In order to do BOTH shirts, I needed four panels. Unfortunately, my blue shirt was printed on both the front and the back...NO PROBLEM. I simply USED THE WRONG SIDE as the right side. Sure, there is some city logo printing on the INSIDE of Steve's shirt...but I'm sure he can resist wearing it inside out...
HEY -- after all these years, and EVERYTHING Carrie has done for me -- restyling a couple of t-shirts was SUCH A PLEASURE...!! I am so happy she decided to call me...
Carrie brought me a mug from Hawaii, which I will always treasure.  It says "Aloha".  In Hawaiian, that means, "Hello", "Good-bye", and "This is a stick-up"....

No comments:

Post a Comment