Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weekly Friendship Post


This week, the Today show did a segment about the importance of women friendships. That has become a THEME for me this summer. And I was not surprised when they said having women friends in your life is like medicine. If you have the right kind of friends -- they can be better than therapy or Prozac!!


You know I am a big fan of avoiding Prozac.... So it's always a joy to spend some time with one of my best friends -- Mary Mulari.
Last week, here's Mary's little head -- at the opening gala for the Babylock convention!


Mary, spending some time with me in the Schmetz booth.  Yes, that is a cupcake wrapper...


As a rule, Mary has some pretty annoying healthy eating habits...


Here we are, meeting new people, making new friends...

On the last day of the convention -- Wednesday -- we had some free time  We decided to explore St. Louis. It was a very hot day...but as we left the Hyatt -- there were some spectacular views...
I love the reflection of the capitol in the building across the street...


This was my attempt to get a picture of the iconic St. Louis ARCH...

My picture-taking skills are marginal  (which is an exaggeration).  But even when a picture sucks, I look at it and it takes me right back to the moment.  However, I would like a picture of the TWO of us....so I looked around, hoping for a bystander....  Two guys were walking towards us...I asked and one guy took my little camera while the other guy was discussing the problem of having a "backlit shot".  WHA??  The guy with the camera kneeled down to take THIS wonderful picture....
As it turns out -- HE WAS A PHOTOJOURNALIST at the nearby Channel 4 television station. Wow.

Yep. More Ritaluck...and WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHERE WE SPENT OUR MORNING...

Thanks, Mary, for another wonderful time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment