Friday, September 27, 2013

Life Is Not A Dress Size

Hey -- I WROTE THE BOOK called Life Is Not A Dress Size. God knows I understand there are way more important things to worry about than how much I weigh. But, clearly, weight has always been my nemesis. In 2006, I got serious and over the course of the next three years, I lost 100 pounds. It was such hard work, you'd think there would be NO WAY I'd ever gain back even one ounce of that weight.

But -- alas -- never say never. At some point, I ate a Snickers...and...well....let's just say THE PARTY IS OVER. I accidentally gained back 40 pounds. ugh.

Now I'm back at it. Walking on my treadmill every day and eating right. I am inspired by my sister Deena -- who has lost 80 pounds at Weight Watchers. While Deena was losing -- I was gaining! Ain't life a trip??

My sister Deena -- before she lost the weight. This is me -- AFTER I lost my weight. (yes, I was still the fat one)

AND -- here's a great picture of Deena AFTER she lost the weight. With her daughter Kelcy, the official family photographer...


Recently, Deena added Yoga to her weight loss program. Every Monday night at 6:00 there is a class in McCausland (a nearby small town). WHAT A GREAT IDEA...I can do that. I should do that. I will do that. Definitely. Count me in...I agreed to go....it'll be great...

So -- two weeks ago -- I borrowed a Yoga mat.

Then -- last week -- at 5:00 -- I put on some Yoga clothes....oops....fell asleep....

Next week, I hope to actually get out of my chair and into my car....

Apparently, I've decided Yoga is something I don't want to rush into.

Some things are just better if you sneak up on ém...

But there is not a doubt in my mind that when I finally DO GO -- Deena will be there, waiting for me with open arms...

3 comments:

  1. You are still 60lbs less than your original weight. That's a positive. Remember you are not on a diet, you are making life style changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I can identify with what you have said!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back to working full time with the commute from h---.
    Thank the lord for my cubicle-mate, Darcy, who MAKES me take a walk with her at lunch. I feel so much better getting some fresh air.

    It's going to be a struggle next week - Darcy is in Idaho at a conference.

    The good thing about the walk is we can dis the office politics - cubicle walls have big ears.

    ReplyDelete