Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So Many Books...


Reading is done of the BIG JOYS in my life. I always have a book going...one in the living room, a different one in the bathroom...that kind of thing. Right now, I'm reading Adriana Trigiani's Milk Glass Moon. Linda P. from bookclub gave it to me. I started reading Adriana YEARS ago when Mary Mulari recommended her. I loved The Shoemaker's Wife, Big Stone Gap, Rocco -- she is a great writer.

I just finished David Sedaris' "When You Are Engulfed in Flames". HE IS such a good writer.


AND, I love books on tape. I always have two of them going at once. One in the car and a different one in my basement. Recently, when John's friend Joe came for a visit -- he said he also enjoys listening to books on tape. (Cracker Barrel has a system whereby you can RENT books on tape when you're traveling. A genius program.) Joe was leaving Iowa for a two day drive to Pennsylvania...

I realized that we had a favorite author in common -- John Sanford....so I gave him a CD book on tape -- Bad Blood. Sanford's hero, Lucas Davenport, does most of his sleuthing in and around Minneapolis. I LOVE HIM. He makes the time and place come alive...


When Jackie was home for her visit last month (pictured here at our Tuesday Breakfast Club) she was asking for advice for a good book on tape for their long (six hours?) ride home...

I highly recommended The Chase by Clive Cussler. Last fall, Jackie's sister Linda recommended it to me -- and John and I were spellbound across three states. Read by Scott Brick -- it is a fast-paced, action-packed, historical novel that covers a lot of territory. It's the kind of book where you pull into a rest area and stay sitting in the car and you don't realize you're holding your breath until the end of the chapter...

My current FAVORITE AUTHOR...well...I have to download some pictures. That's another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment