Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Workshops

I LOVE SPRING!! One of my favorite things about Spring is going to classes and workshops. I'm actually kind of a seminar junkie...

Here's a picture from last year's Spring Quilt Market in Salt Lake City...the schoolhouse sessions are always packed. This year, the Spring show is in Kansas City...



AND -- I always know it's spring when I attend the Sewing Weekend in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. (The first weekend in May). Last year, Mary and I had coffee in Nancy Zieman's office.

Last year -- on a beautiful Spring day -- I went to the Morton Arboretum with Rhonda Pierce, to do some business planning for Schmetz needles...


In her FABULOUS RECYCLED sweater -- Rhonda gave me a tour of her quilt collection...
This year, Rhonda is coming to Iowa and we'll attend a business workshop. I'm lucky to have a LOT OF THESE happening in my area. There's also a great local writer's conference...lots of author's events and women in business groups...
Last year -- at the Morton Arboretum -- there was an art installation which involved crocheted tree trunks...HEY -- it was very inspirational because -- WE GOT A LOT DONE that day!!

And I'm confident we'll get a lot done this year at the Iowa business workshop.


Although there won't be any crocheted trees in my neck of the woods...we might have a little time to check out the art shop in LeClaire, Iowa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment