Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Power of Words

You know what a sucker I am for WORDS...

I believe in the power of words -- and when I wrote the book, "Dress Your Dream Bed" -- I rediscovered the power of words on bed linens. In the old days, they went way beyond "His" and "Hers" pillowcases. They had flat shams that said, "Kiss Me Goodnight"...

So you can imagine how delighted I was to find this beautiful quilt -- full of quotes about SONS...can you read these words? "A Son outgrows your lap, but never your heart."
"Great hopes make great men."

They had several of these "quotation" quilts hanging in the "Pins & Needles" booth,

Sons are like snowflakes -- no two are alike."

The "words" come in one-yard panels. By the time I actually realized I loved them -- the "son" panels were sold out. But I did buy the friendship panel...and a famous quotation panel...

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

As the mother of two boys -- this was my favorite quote.

"A son is both your mirror and your opposite."

Wouldn't this quilt be a wonderful gift?

Because you never now when your words might make a difference in somebody's life. And what could possibly show your love more than these heartfelt words, stitched with love into a beautiful quilt...

Oh, yeah...we are lucky. WE SEW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment