Tuesday, April 17, 2012

GREAT Auction Day

Bert and I have it down pat. Nobody in America does a good old fashioned girlfriends-hanging-out-treasure-hunting Saturday than we do.

I'm going to start off by sharing two different purchases. One is Bert's and one is mine....more about this picture later...


NEXT -- I'm going to show you the BEST THING I DID NOT BUY picture. Can you believe this fabulous, enormous doll house? Somebody spent a lot of time building this...there were little panes in the windows...it had two stories...the sides open up -- there's a latch any little girl could figure out. I was soooo picturing Lillian playing with this doll house. I was painting it, and putting fabric on the walls for wallpaper...
The roof has a hinge, too!! I could just imagine all the hours she'd spend....and then it hit me...

That's right. The darn thing won't fit in my car. And it also won't fit in her room. Come to think of it -- IT IS HUGE -- it won't fit anywhere in my house. So I did not bid. But can you guess what it sold for?? Guess again.

$7.50.

That's right. A heartbreaking, pitiful Seven Dollars and Fifty Cents.

NOT bidding on the dollhouse took every bit of self-control I had....

It's best that I stick to something more practical. Like these two velvet orange striped chairs. You have to admit -- it's not every day you run into such a fabulous treasure....
Yes, I have the perfect life and I know it. THANKS Bert for being the best auction buddy any girl ever had....

In a future post, I'll show you what I bought and what Bert bought...

1 comment:

  1. So....if the dollhouse couldn't fit in the car, how could TWO big ol' chairs possibly fit....lol
    Love the table & chairs in the first photo...would look awesome on my covered patio :-)
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete