Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mongtomery Ward Advertisement

Remember Montgomery Ward? When I was growing up -- we used to get three catalogs in the mail. Sears, J.C. Penney's and Montgomery Ward.

I absolutely love looking at old magazines and advertisements... I'm not sure what year this was from -- but with $1.77 shoes, it was way before my time...
Isn't this artwork stunning? I am quite delighted with the styles, the tulip skirts, the bows...and I love the colors...

And -- even WAY BACK THEN -- women were subjecting themselves to all kinds of tortuous garments to look thinner...

Who sent these images to me? THANKS SO MUCH...I saved the pictures, but lost your name. Please send me another email so I can thank you properly. I got a big kick out of sharing these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment