Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rita's Shoe Delimma

This is a picture from 3 years ago -- when I visited NYC with my friends Carol, Sandy and Evelyn...you KNOW which shoe is mine..

It is my wonderful, comfortable pair of ECCO walking sandals...I always say, "I could walk to China and my feet don't hurt". I wear these shoes to trade shows and whenever I travel. THEY HAVE BEEN MY GO TO SHOES for nearly 5 years. Unbelievable. Here they are in
April 2010 -- during my visit to NYC with Ann Sagawa...

But, alas, all good things MUST end. My black Ecco's are shot. I feel every step nowadays. Ugh. This is going to be a problem...finding a new walking sandal...in a wide width. Double ugh. You can see in this next picture how fat my foot is. My friend Linda has the green pedicure. I opted for a purple big toe and pink for the others...

On this day, shopping in CHICAGO with my friend Marion. She SWEARS by her new ECCO sandals. So I bought a pair -- now we are truly "sole sisters"...but I already know these are not going to be my new "go to" walking sandals...
Have you seen these shoes -- with the individual toes? Anybody tried them? Sadly, my toes are too fat...
Here's a friendly, very happy salesman -- who is smiling because if he can sell me TWO pairs of shoes today -- he can take his wife on a Caribbean cruise...

Sure enough -- I bought the new Ecco's and this pair of Wolkey walking sandals. Perfect, right??

Well....not quite. My little toe developed a painful blister on the short walk back to the hotel.

But I have not given up...my plan is to stock up on band-aids and toughen up that wimpy little toe...!! With any luck -- these are the shoes you'll be seeing in future posts!!

Saying GoodBye to my Ecco's is going to be a very traumatic event. I'm thinking of having a shoe funeral...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the shoes. I also have trouble getting the "right" shoe. Your feet can make or break a day.........I think they have way to much power!!

    ReplyDelete