Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chicago Architecture Boat Tour

As far as I'm concerned -- THE VERY BEST THING you can do as a tourist in Chicago is to go on the architectural boat tours. On this day -- with temperatures of 100+ degrees -- Marion and I were DElighted to be getting on a boat, floating on the cool water...

One of the newest additions to the Chicago skyline is Donald Trump's new tower and convention center. It is stunning...

Although, apparently, the building is largely unoccupied -- and some of the floors haven't even been finished yet. I'm sure there won't be a telethon any time soon -- the Donald will figure it out...

As our tour guide explained the many stunning buildings -- I was struck by the reflection of other buildings on this mirrored beauty...wow...

Our boat was JAM PACKED. This picture is of the people sitting in front of us. We got there early enough to score a couple of seats right under the bright white canopy!

Here we are -- squinting into the sun...

After the architectural boat tour -- we headed off to see the new Angelia Jolie movie -- SALT. Yep. An air conditioned theater NEVER FELT BETTER...

Our visit to Chicago was a great time -- AND as always -- the real gift is spending time with a friend. We are two lucky girls...

love ya, Marion...

3 comments:

  1. Chicago Architectural Boat Tour was so much fun to see these amazing buildings and enjoy a night out on the lake. If you take a day tour you can really see the outstanding architecture of Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to visit Chicago soon. Do you think this is a great way to explore the city? I love boat tours and I think I will enjoy this one. My kids are going with me and they really insist to try it since their last one was the whale watching argyll tour, which was last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...IT IS A FABULOUS WAY TO SEE CHICAGO. I highly recommend it and your kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete