Monday, September 20, 2010

Best BBQ in St. Louis?

Here's my "travel tip". When you're in a strange town -- ask the LOCALS where you should eat. Tom Jeffery -- the handsome young man on the left -- said the "best BBQ in St. Louis" was actually in Eureka, Mo -- about 20 miles away. When Pam Masche (Baby Lock Director of Education) agreed with him -- I knew we had a plan...

Tom gave me the phone number for "Super Smokers". When I called the restaurant to get the exact address (so I could put in in my Garmin) -- I said, "We'll be there in about an hour -- do we need reservations?" There was a squeal of laughter at the other end of the phone...

When Rhonda and I arrived -- I realized how ridiculous my "reservations question" was. True -- we didn't need reservations...I'm pretty sure we didn't need shoes to eat in this joint...

The "menu" is written in marker on the wall...and the food is served on sturdy paper plates...

AND THOSE RIBS WERE DELICIOUS!!

THANKS, TOM, for the best food advice I've received all year!! Rhonda & I ate our respective half-rack of ribs -- then had to order ANOTHER ONE just to be absolutely sure they were as good as we thought they were...

No comments:

Post a Comment