Friday, September 3, 2010

Mark Lipinski Update

In May -- I went to the Spring Quilt Market to work in the Schmetz booth. Just down the aisle, Mark Lipinski was working in the Northcott fabric booth talking about his new magazine project, his new fabric line etc. I attended his schoolhouse class -- he knows EVERYBODY.

Mark was our guest at the 2009 Quilter's Night Out -- and since his visit to Puyallup -- every time I see him -- he acts like we are old best friends. During the Minneapolis Market -- I marveled at his energy. Because as many of you know -- he recently learned he is in end stage kidney failure...


Like many of you -- I follow Mark's blog -- and he is also a Facebook friend. He wrote this on Facebook...

Mark Lipinski: TRANSPLANT TEAM UPDATE: Just got off the phone. I am ON the ACTIVE list meaning I cannot be more than 4 hours from the hospital. I can now begin to ACTIVELY SEEK live donors. More about this tomorrow. Now I have to cancel teaching lecture/dates. :( Here goes nuttin', cupcakes! :)

Good Luck, Mark! We'll be sending up prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment