Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Simon & My Sister Deb

My sister Deb, who lives in Nashville, Tennessee -- LOVES to do machine embroidery. She absolutely WEARS OUT embroidery machines! This is a picture of the two of us in New York City -- waiting for our "Today Show" moment...(sitting in Dean & Deluca)...
Remember last year when I wrote about her sewing group that was working on the Jenny Haskins embroidered quilt? Deb is a BIG FAN of all-things-Jenny-Haskins -- and when she found out that I PERSONALLY KNOW SIMON HASKINS -- she was delighted!! At Spring Quilt Market -- I asked Simon about a special book Deb wanted...
Which, of course, he graciously autographed for her...

So -- fast forward to Baby Lock Tech. I'm working on the vendor floor, in the Schmetz booth, across the room from Simon. We exchanged the usual greetings -- and I saw a picture of Simon's son -- Harvey...

Then it dawned on me...I COULD CALL DEBBIE AND SIMON CAN ACTUALLY TALK TO HER..Oh My God. She was sooo excited. When he gave the phone back to me, Deb said, "I can hardly breathe..."



Thanks, Simon -- for being so gracious...!! YOU MADE MY DAY...(Deb, too!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment